Accreditation with NASM – Since 1987 NASM has been the global leader in delivering evidence-based certifications and advanced credentials to health and fitness professionals. Our products and services are scientifically and clinically proven. They are revered and utilized by leading brands and programs around the world and have launched thousands of successful careers.
The industry leader – the NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) credential is the most respected personal training certification in the health and fitness industry. We first garnered attention by pioneering the exclusive Optimum Performance Training (OPT) method – the first science based training system in the industry.
In addition to our (CPT) certification, NASM offers a progressive career track with access to Advanced Specializations, Continuing Education courses, and accredited Bachelor and Master Degree programs. The NASM educational continuum is designed to produce today’s health and fitness professional and enhance their career while empowering their clients to live healthier lives
NASM is part of Ascend Learning, the leader in providing technology-based education and certification solutions.
Mirielys Certification Number: 1430987
Liability Insurance Certificate available upon request.
There’s a reason movie stars and financial moguls use personal trainers: The benefits of working with a personal trainer is one of the fastest, easiest, most successful ways to improve your health and fitness. In fact, the benefits of personal training has proved so effective that it has spread well beyond the realm of the rich and famous. Today, personal trainers are used by people of all fitness, age and economic levels–and from all over the world–to help make lifestyle changes those people couldn’t achieve by themselves. How do you know if hiring a personal trainer is the right choice for you? Consider the following things a personal trainer can do:
1. Improve Your Overall Fitness. IDEA surveys show the primary reason people hire personal trainers is to get professional assistance to improve cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance and coordination. A personal trainer will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go, helping you work your way off plateaus.
2. Reach or Maintain a Healthy Weight. Body fat reduction, weight reduction or management, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with the aid of a qualified personal trainer, who can help you set realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
3.Learn to Stick to It. Sticking with well-intentioned plans is one of the biggest challenges exercisers face. Qualified personal trainers can provide motivation for developing a lifestyle that places a high priority on health and activity. A personal trainer can help you brainstorm ways to overcome your biggest obstacles to exercise.
4. Focus on Your Unique Health Concerns. IDEA surveys show that 50 percent of personal trainers clients have special medical needs, such as arthritis, diabetes or obesity. A personal trainer can help you with these or other issues, including low-back pain, rehabilitation from injury and pre/postnatal training. Your personal trainer can work with your physician, physical therapist or other health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that will speed your recovery or enable you to reach your health goals.
5. Find the Right Way to Work Out. You will learn the correct way to use equipment, and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight training.
6. Stop Wasting Time. Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you. Workouts that use your strengths and improve on your weaknesses are efficient and effective.
7. Learn New Skills. Want to improve your tennis game, learn to ski, become an in-line skater, golf like a pro, better your weekend basketball game or get ready for a wilderness adventure vacation? An individualized program can improve your overall conditioning and develop the specific skills you need.
8. Enhance Your Mind, Body and Spirit. A personal trainer can act as a doorway to new personal growth experiences. Many personal trainers provide mind-body activities, such as yoga or tai chi sessions. Your personal trainer may help you uncover new insights about yourself or find potential you didn’t realize you had.
9. Benefit From the Buddy System. What could be better than making a commitment to regularly meet with someone who will provide you with individualized attention and support?
10. Take Charge of Your Program, and Do It Your Way. With the right personal trainer, you can find the exercise program that works best for you. Are you more comfortable with a demanding program or a gentler approach? Would you like to train at home or at work, at a fitness club or in a personal trainer’s facility? How many times per week or month do you want to meet your personal trainer, and for how long? Carefully choosing a personal trainer enables you to select the type of guidance that will benefit you. You can get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health.