• 1/3-1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• Pinch of salt
• 2 cups low-fat milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups diced bananas, (about 2 large)
1. Whisk sugar to taste, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan. Add milk and whisk until combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
2. Put about half the pudding in a food processor or blender and add bananas. Process until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir the mixture back into the remaining pudding.
3. Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Makes 10 popsicles
• 2 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled & chopped
• 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
Divide the mixture between popsicle molds. Place the molds in the freezer for at least 4 hours, until the popsicles are completely frozen.
To remove the popsicles, run the molds under hot water for a few seconds.
You can substitute regular yogurt for Greek yogurt
Makes 6 popsicles
• 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 bananas
• 1/4 cup blackberries
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender of food processor and puree til smooth.
2. Pass mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds and any remaining chunks of fruit.
3. Fill popsicle molds, and place try in the freezer until frozen.
Makes 4 popsicles
• 1 cup fresh pineapple, pureed
• 2 cups plain coconut water
1. Fill each popsicle mold ⅓ of the way with the pineapple puree.
2. Fill the molds the rest of the way with the coconut water.
3. Using the handle of a spoon, stir the mixture gently in each mold. (A chopstick works great as a stirrer also.)
4. Insert the handles or popsicle sticks into the molds. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, run the molds under warm water for 15 seconds. Pulling straight up, slide the popsicles out of the molds.